Sunday, February 4, 2007

Now it's cold....

Okay, so I have been moaning about living in the Northeast, and feeling like it is Florida! How does 4 degrees sound? That is what it was this morning when I woke up; believe it is up to 17 degrees now (late morning). Love the cold, though, since I am inside working on my novel. Speaking of which, I am obsessed by it (good thing since it is my thesis). Just turned in a chunk to my workshop for their review. If you are TOTALLY bored and would like to read it, just email me and I will send along the first section (about 45 pages). It is set in Burgess, Virginia and Barton Heights, Virginia (a 1940s burb outside of Richmond). The main characters are two couples (Maggie and Robert and Evelyn and Jackson) who share a cottage each summer in Burgess. Robert is on the verge of entering politics when he is involved in a boating accident that kills his campaign manager. While it isn't his fault, his judgement is called into question and events fall out from there. Set in the 1961 before the 60s became the 60s, the novel subtly addresses class and race and innocence and redemption.

I am off to the library to write....hey Jason, great evening last night. Did I really call you Uncle Frank?

No comments: